The incumbent plans and implements all aspects of MBA’s Associate Membership program. Incumbent implements sales strategies and marketing communications for membership recruitment efforts, develops and directs new member onboarding efforts, leads administration and tracking efforts for Associate Member benefits, and manages dues collection, development of new benefits, and other membership retention efforts as part of membership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the primary executive for engaging MBA’s top level (Premier and Select) Associate Members, which includes approximately 220 companies (“the portfolio”), by building relationships with key contacts and company leaders to better understand and support their business efforts.
2. Develop and execute sales strategies to grow Associate Membership, including prospect identification, marketing outreach, meetings and calls with prospects, and sales pipeline tracking.
3. Identify and understand the issues and challenges of companies in the portfolio and implement strategies to educate key portfolio contacts on membership level specific benefits, including working cross-organizationally to ensure all documented benefits are being provided in an accurate and timely manner. Track all benefit management activities and provide regular reports to MBA leadership.
4. Implement new member engagement strategies for Associate Members. Identify gaps in engagement and outreach and work with MBA leadership to expand and enhance initiatives in these areas.
5. Identify and utilize opportunities at MBA events to meet with potential or existing members to foster engagement with MBA.
6. Actively cross-promote MBA opportunities (i.e. sponsorships, advertising and exhibits) to current and prospective Associate Members and work with MBA conference, sponsorship and advertising staff on these efforts.
7. Ensure the CEO/leadership of Premier level members are personally invited to designated MBA leadership events as included in their benefits.
8. Monitor and respond to changes in key member company leadership positions, conduct outreach and communicate those changes internally at MBA.
9. Plan and execute virtual vendor marketplace, including liaising with vendor, direct contact with potential vendor participants, marketing outreach and event status reporting.
10. Develop an ongoing understanding of the real estate finance environment and the role of the trade association in serving the mortgage industry as it relates to these functions.
11. This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required or a minimum of seven (7) years industry knowledge, specific member relations and/or outreach background required. Industry contacts/relationships and demonstrated project management experience strongly preferred. Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills. Must also be self-directed but highly team-oriented and capable of working with senior level executives. Some travel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry. As an organization, we are committed to providing our members with unmatched value and unparalleled benefits. In doing so, we recognize that our most valuable resource is our employees. We have developed a positive and progressive culture, actively encouraging every MBA staff member to commit to our strategic objectives, to develop their own abilities and to share in our success. Recognition for individual and professional achievement at the Mortgage Bankers Association is a must and reinforced by a competitive benefits program and career growth opportunities.