The Executive Governance and Business Administrator collaborates with the CEO to ensure that the administrative and managerial requirements of our fast-paced Executive Office are efficiently executed. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and an ability to collaborate interdepartmentally while building robust working relationships with the Office of the Presidents, Board of Directors, Leadership Development Committee, and other governance entities. Through natural flexibility, and a commitment to excellence, the Executive Governance and Business Administrator supports the strategic initiatives, governance, and senior staff management components of IFT by facilitating a positive experience through fostering an empathetic and people centric approach to everyday activities.
• Serves as Board of Directors’ liaison and primary staff support to the Office of the President
• Leads and oversees timely and accurate communication with the Board of Directors and Office of the President including compilation of agendas, meeting materials and minutes
• Leads and oversees the coordination of all Board of Directors and Office of the President calls and meetings, including at IFT’s annual event and Board Orientation
• Leads the content development and execution for the new Board Orientation annually including collecting and updating Board Member profiles and biographies, managing speaker relationships and coordinating all logistical needs with the meetings team
• Partners with the CEO to lead and oversee all Leadership Development Committee operations and support
• Works with the marketing and communications team on member communication regarding Board decisions
• Develops, monitors, and tracks results of the senior staff teamwork assignments, deadlines, and reports; schedules meetings as needed
• Organizes CEO reports for reporting to the Office of the President and Board of Directors meetings, including organizational goal progress reports
• Responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO and COO as needed including scheduling meetings, delivering messages, organizing expenses, ad managing credit card statements
• Manages Onboard software and proficiently utilizes Microsoft Office Suite
• Develops, manages, and monitors the budget for the Office of the CEO, COO and other governance areas, including identifying and rectifying variances throughout the year
• Ensures SOPs are up to date and accurate for areas of responsibility
• Serves as key Executive Office diplomat, recognizing the need for discretion since the position has access to confidential data and materials
• Actively participates in business review meetings
• Works in partnership with the Senior Manager, Engagement, Inclusion & Volunteer Development to prepare for the annual appointment of volunteer positions by the Office of the President.
• Maintains knowledge in developing association governance best practices and supporting technologies
• Ensures compliance with industry and legal regulations and best practices, and adherence to company processes and procedures
• Builds loyalty through high responsiveness to key stakeholder needs throughout all stages of the business relationship
• Occasional domestic travel is expected including the ability to attend occasional evening, weekend, and overnight meetings
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Management, Communications, or equivalent • 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative, project management, and or meeting planning experience • 5+ years demonstrated experience supporting senior level members, clients, and/or personnel • 5+ years demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in a non-profit association • Experience with change management
This position, and all others at IFT, may be modified at any time. To ensure operational efficiency and meet the changing needs of our customers and our Business, other duties may be assigned as needed.
Since 1939, the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) has been a forum for passionate science of food professionals and technologists to collaborate, learn, and contribute all with the goal of inspiring and transforming collective scientific knowledge into innovative solutions for the benefit of all people around the world. As a scientific community grounded in purpose, IFT feeds the minds that feed the world.