DIRECTOR OF HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SYSTEM BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
American Society of Anesthesiologists
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
DIRECTOR OF HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SYSTEM BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
SCHAUMBURG, IL – FLEXIBLE HYBRID SCHEDULE
Feel good about your work—and your workplace.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) team provides education, resources, and advocacy to help our members improve the experience and safety of patients in their care. You can be a part of this important work—join more than 160 change-makers, collaborators, and advocates as we continually strive for excellence.
We live our core values of collaboration, dedication, commitment, and improvement every day. And we know that diversity in the way we look, think, learn, and live makes everything ASA does better. Our policies, culture, and people reinforce this commitment every day. As a result, ASA has been named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago and the Nation® for the past six years.
ASA offers flexible hybrid work arrangements, a "dress for your day" mindset, generous time off, plus big development and educational opportunities, so you can write your own story. What's more because ASA is a professional association—not a corporation—we value performance over profits.
As part of the health care community, we offer a full slate of health, financial, and wellness benefits to support individual and family needs, including quality health care at a reasonable cost, 401K match, a free fitness center, breastmilk shipping, CALM subscription, volunteer committees, employee resource groups, and much more.
Be part of a collaborative, caring community. Reach out to ASA today!
The Director will serve as a key member of the newly created Strategic Revenue Growth team and will have one direct report. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this individual will:
Focus on execution of the New MarketStrategic Revenue Growth Plan through development and maintenance of productive, mutually beneficial relationships with hospital and health systems decision makers with the goal of improving patient outcomes and experience across the perioperative continuum.
The Director will be an advisory member of the newly created SFA subcommittee and will work closely with staff and other committees and editorial boards based on topic specific expertise required.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Responsible for strategic relationships with hospitals and health systems (the audience) to position ASA as a strategic partner in anesthesia education, expertise, and data. Prior experience working with hospitals and health systems required.
· Build a deep understanding of the audience need and act as the “voice of the customer” within ASA and the subcommittee to ensure new products/services are aligned to audience needs.
· For the audience, identify problems that ASA expertise can solve and potential solutions. Partner with the subcommittee to bring ASA’s new value proposition(s) for hospital/health systems to life through development of new products and services.
· Partner with the subcommittee to appropriately allocate and manage Board Designated Funds toward establishing strong hospital/health system relationships and developing new products and offerings in alignment with the Growth Plan.
· Establish and track growth plan metrics and provide regular updates to the subcommittee, Administrative Council, Board and CEO team throughout the year. Develop comprehensive business plans and set strategy to meet goals.
· Support ongoing alignment among ASA stakeholders on direction of the Growth Plan, progress, and new opportunities.
· Investigate trends and changes in the healthcare that affect ASA’s business relations and development efforts.
· In partnership with Corporate Relationships & Business Development Leader, advance necessary B2B sales capabilities and processes within ASA.
· Model desired cultural norms of agility, collaboration, and audience-focus.
· Master’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing, or related area preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in business relations and/or development.
· Minimum 3 years of Senior Managerial or Director experience in a related function.
· Proven success in a business development and/or client interfacing role.
· Healthcare or association experience preferred. Experience working with organizational volunteers and Boards of Directors preferred.
· Ability to draft business plans, proposals, RFPs, and other correspondence, and make presentations to senior industry professionals.
· Capacity for innovative thinking and creative strategizing to invigorate efforts towards enhanced profitability.
· Ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, establish trust, and build long-term relationships. High level of confidence and poise with a strong customer service orientation.
· Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with senior management, volunteer leaders, and internal and external customers.
· Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, including the ability to demonstrate negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve goals.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!