The Operations Manager has primary responsibility for the ABA’s Association Management Software system (Impexium) as well as ensuring that business needs are met thru the implementation of operational and technology solutions. The Operations Manager is responsible for all membership operations including processing, tracking and reporting. He/she is also responsible for developing reports and compiling membership data to be shared with the ABA team to assist with program development.
· Serves as the technical lead and primary knowledge expert for AMS (Impexium) and provides staff support, including problem diagnosis, correction, and documentation. Fields requests and gathers requirements from end users for database needs and enhancements.
· Troubleshoots and maintains the integrity of data in the AMS including creating new fields, setting up process flows, SQL stored procedures and triggers.
· Fulfills data requests and develops data analysis queries and reports as needed.
· Oversees the development and documentation of standard operating procedures for all aspects of AMS.
· Assists with website coding projects such as development of public-facing query pages.
· Ensures staff are trained to effectively utilize AMS for business needs.
· Serves as primary contact with AMS vendor and manages all third-party integrations.
· Serves as liaison to external IT provider to ensure effective IT solutions for ABA staff.
· Manages staff access to all software subscriptions including, but not limited to: MS Office, Adobe, Zoom, Jira, Drop Box and Google.
· Proactively supports IT needs by identifying pain points and recommending new solutions.
· Leads the team in evaluating proposals and selecting technology options that cost effectively meet the needs of the ABA and support the strategic plan.
· Manages integrations between systems.
· Provides staff support and training in use of standard software systems.
· Develops budgets for all ABA technology needs.
MEMBERSHIP OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
· Manages daily membership operations and collaborates with the Member Services Coordinator to process new/renewing memberships and update customer profiles as needed.
· Oversees the annual dues renewal process for both individual and organizational memberships.
· Runs reports to analyze member data and demographics. Reports on membership growth and retention trends and maintains historical data.
· Effectively manages integrity of membership data.
· Provides support for membership marketing efforts as needed.
· Sets-up and manages registration process for small meetings in AMS.
· Serves as liaison with external registration company to manage registration for Annual Meeting.
Metrics for Success
· Using deep knowledge of AMS, work with ABA staff to support all business processes and proactively recommend improvements.
· Business processes and procedures are developed and maintained and staff are adequately trained.
· Membership data is accurate and annual renewal process runs smoothly.
· The Operations Manager is responsive to volunteers and members.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related field. Minimum of 3-5 years working with Association Management Software is required. Healthcare association experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Extensive knowledge of technology solutions and process improvement.
· Exceptional project management skills. Organized and resourceful in critical thinking and problem solving. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Be able to work as a team member and take on new responsibilities as necessary. Strong interpersonal skills are important.
Work Environment—The job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones, photocopiers.
Physical Demands—The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others both inside and outside of the office, to use a computer and to be able to move around in the office.
Hours—This is a full-time position. Regular office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 with 30 min for lunch Monday through Friday. The position is occasionally required to work longer hours and weekends for meetings or to meet deadlines.
Travel—National travel is occasionally required for this position, between 1-5 times per year.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Burn Association
The American Burn Association is a not-for-profit professional membership organization. Our mission is to improve the lives of everyone affected by burn injury. Our over 2,000 multi-disciplinary members include physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, fire fighters and others who are part of the burn care team.
Our staff of 9 works collaboratively as a team, and closely with our dedicated volunteers, to advance the field through education, research, improving quality care, advocacy, prevention and member services. We are located in the Chicago south loop just blocks from the train station.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental and vision insurance as well as disability and life insurance and a 401k matching program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran