Information Technology and Web, Other, Project Management/Program Development
NAEA is seeking a talented IT professional to join its team. The organization is embarking on new projects and enhancing its operational infrastructure and the Application Support Administrator is a critical team member who will help NAEA advance its goals. The Application Support Administrator will have prior experience with and a firm understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) applications, web applications, and data management, preferably with a demonstrated body of work successfully coordinating the planning, deployment, training, and support of application systems.
The Application Support Administrator must be comfortable working independently while adhering to processes and standards and to be able to create those standards for new systems or where none currently exist. Concurrently, s/he will need to be able to work within a team, be collaborative and innovative with solutions, be able to learn from other specialties and allow others to leverage their expertise. The Application Support Administrator will create lasting knowledge via documentation and cross training with other team members and on other systems to enable flexibility across the organization. S/he will maintain an overall enterprise level awareness of where the tools they support fit into the enterprise strategy, be forward looking and proactive with a thought process, and become a resource that can be relied upon to inform and advise team members, co-workers, and organizational leadership about risks and opportunities available within their area of focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Application Support Administrator has primary responsibility for the administration, configuration and maintenance of NAEA’s association management system (AMS), web content management system (CMS), and a learning management system (LMS).
• Become a subject matter expert (SME) for NAEA applications. Work with vendors to understand the system functional and non-functional requirements, third party support applications, application security, external connections and support systems.
• Serve as a liaison between various vendor teams supporting infrastructure, database, and client services to understand the business and technical requirements and constraints of the application, NAEA infrastructure, and work with these vendor teams to design a strategy that maximizes deployment speed, cost, security, maintenance capabilities, expansion possibility, and ease of support.
• Catalog, develop, and maintain all application documentation as required.
• Work closely with vendor support teams to ensure appropriate data backups, controls and audit logs are in place and routinely tested.
• Coordinate any application upgrades and advise on any upgrade to secondary systems that connect with NAEA applications, including other NAEA applications.
• Evaluate and manage system changes to the application to maximize the function, availability, security and uptime of NAEA applications.
• Manage application installation, maintenance, and downtime schedules and deliverables in coordination with vendor support teams.
• Perform or coordinate application configuration changes for NAEA applications, required third party applications, or vendor supplied utilities, in consultation with vendor support teams.
• Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) in coordination with vendor support teams.
• Research, develop, and/or test utilities and scripts that are useful for automating back end application functions, interconnecting application tiers, interfacing with external systems, or performing application specific maintenance or alerting tasks.
• Coordinate application activities, including scheduled maintenance periods, with the relevant vendor support teams and organizational units to ensure that system availability, stability, and security are maintained.
• Coordinate with organization human resources and unit supervisors to grant and revoke application access privileges for organizational users.
• Research and initiate projects and processes to improve the technical function, deployment, maintenance cost or effort, security or supportability of NAEA applications or components.
• Engage with vendor support teams, third party vendors, and internal SMEs to research and assess alternatives and present potential improvements to organization leadership.
• Evaluate technical vendor performance against contract obligations to ensure that NAEA is receiving the agreed upon value.
• Work with organizational leadership and vendor teams to formulate long and short-term planning needs, budgets, strategic initiatives, etc.
• Assist organizational units with preparing queries, reports, data extracts, etc. from NAEA applications.
• Provide training and assistance to organizational users to develop user application skills and ensure efficient workflow by understanding the business process requirements of organizational units related to the application(s).
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes.
• Coordinate and facilitate technical projects for NAEA including facilitation of project meetings, creating and distributing meeting minutes, creating and maintaining project schedules, tracking progress towards goals and objectives, etc.
• Strong leadership ability, accountable, great integrity and entrepreneurial attitude.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration is desirable, however, an IT degree is not required. Demonstrated strong IT experience and an in depth understanding of technology in general, and CRM/web applications specifically, may suffice.
• Background or familiarity with non-profit or service organizations is a plus.
• 3-5 years of experience in a technology related position.
• Must be proficient in utilizing Excel spreadsheets and data reporting tools.
• Experience using or supporting Windows desktop operating system, Microsoft Office applications, and mobile devices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with and present to the organizational leadership team.
• Demonstrated self-starter and team player with attention to detail and time management skills.
• May be required to infrequently work evenings and/or weekends during system roll-outs, upgrades, maintenance, etc. for testing and validation or to respond to outages in coordination with vendor support teams.
• Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly as needed.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
MUST SUBMIT SALARY REQUIREMENTS, COVER LETTER, AND RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED (email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Subject line:] Candidate-Application Support Administrator).
About National Association of Enrolled Agents
NAEA is the organization powering enrolled agents, America’s tax experts®! We provide the networking, educational opportunities, programs, and services that enable enrolled agents, tax professionals and students to excel beyond their peers. Membership in NAEA is a key building block of success for enrolled agents and tax professionals seeking to provide the highest level of representation for their clients and for unlicensed preparers and CPAs thinking of advancing their careers by becoming enrolled agents.