Communications/Editorial, Customer Service and Support, Project Management/Program Development
4 Year Degree
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is seeking a full-time Membership Liaison to provide excellent service to its 10 Member Societies (MS) across the federation and throughout the Institute. The Institute relies on its Member Societies to represent the wide spectrum of the physical sciences, as well as be the backbone of the Institute itself. The Membership Liaison will aim to enhance AIP's relationships with the Member Societies through written communications and face-to-face interactions, as well as increase the frequency and consistency by which AIP communicates with Member Society leadership and volunteers connected with AIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maximize interactions with the Member Societies and their overall experience with AIP by drafting reports that highlight compelling aspects of the AIP-Member Society relationship.
• Assures a high-level awareness about AIP Member Societies’ mission, activities, challenges, etc., so that AIP can better understand and serve the Societies.
• Develops and implements a volunteer engagement strategy.
• Implements a means for tracking the MS customer relationship, communications, and volunteer involvement.
• Manages the AIP presence at Member Society conferences. This includes coordinating with the MS help oversee their goals for their conference booth, working with the Marketing team to promote the AIP offerings most valued by the MS, staffing exhibit booths when necessary, handling all booth logistics, managing AIP staff attendance at the conferences, and drafting memos to the MS that summarize AIP’s involvement.
• Coordinating events such as the Assembly of Society Officers and AIP-Member Society networking and professional development events.
• Assists in managing the various AIP Liaison, advisory, and award committees.
• Supports recruitment through research.
• Works with the Marketing team to better promote the benefits provided by AIP.
• Drafts/disseminates reports on meetings and conference calls.
• Bachelor’s degree in Customer Relations, Communications, or in the sciences with subsequent education/experience is required.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in some combination of program or project management, verbal and written communication, and customer relations is required.
• Experience with customer relationship management software.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize, follow through on multiple tasks, and to work efficiently independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable.
The Institute offers an outstanding benefits package and opportunities to learn and advance. We are located in College Park, MD, close to the Metro Green line. Learn more at www.aip.org
AIP is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA/ADA/V
Internal Number: 1068
The American Institute of Physics is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership corporation created to promote the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of physics and its application to human welfare. The Institute accomplishes its mission by serving its Member Societies, individual scientists, and the general public. AIP Member Societies cover a broad range of fields in the physical sciences and collectively represent more than 120,000 scientists, engineers, educators and students in the global physical sciences community.AIP offers authoritative information, services, and expertise in physics education and student programs, science communication, government relations, career services for science and engineering professionals, statistical research in physics employment and education, industrial outreach, and the history of physics and allied fields. AIP also publishes the flagship magazine Physics Today and is home to the Society of Physics Students and the Niels Bohr Library and Archives. AIP owns AIP Publishing LLC, a scholarly publisher in the physical and related sciences.