Information Technology and Web, Membership, Research and Information
4 Year Degree
The SPE Membership Development and Engagement Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of global membership recruitment, retention, and volunteer strategies, initiatives, and activities. This includes indepth analysis of membership demographics, statistics, and trends. Plans and prepares budgets and reviews financial reports for assigned programs. Supervises and trains assigned support personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Initiates and implements global membership development strategies in conjunction with appropriate members and staff. Drives membership growth by creating strategic and tactical plans; serves as a resource to other staff to provide membership related information.
· Oversees member onboarding strategies.
· Oversees membership retention efforts with a focus on the content of member communications for dues invoicing/collection. Monitors retention results and develops new initiatives as needed. Drives development of new initiatives in response to membership trends.
· Monitors, mines, and analyzes membership demographics and statistics regularly, provides information to regional directors and appropriate staff and recommends relevant actions. Manages the process to produce year-end statistical reports.
· Travels to SPE and other industry meetings as needed to promote membership in SPE and drive engagement.
· Serves as an advocate for the user-friendliness of the SPE Association Management System (Personify) and participates in system enhancements.
· Manages volunteer programs and drives global volunteer initiatives including recruitment, appreciation, and recognition. Trains staff on the use of related systems and works with IT as needed to maintain and improve the systems.
· Works closely with staff in Customer Service, Marketing, and Information Technology.
· Serves as liaison to relevant committees, including the Membership standing committee and others as assigned.
· Serves as team leader and participates on inter-department teams as appropriate.
· Works on special projects as assigned.
Directly manages one employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SPE policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and 7+ years related non-profit or program development/management, or marketing experience. Experience in an international setting is ideal.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Tech savvy
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills
· Ability to generate and develop new ideas
· Self-motivated and able to multi-task
· Ability to communicate and interact at all levels
· Leadership through influence
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Ability to perform with minimal supervision
About Society of Petroleum Engineers
The Society of Petroleum Engineers is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists, and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry.
SPE offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the profession through our programs and activities and many of our accomplishments are driven by our dedicated members.
To collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources, and related technologies for the public benefit; and to provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.
To be a society of professional excellence, providing its members the highest quality lifelong learning, and continuous personal and professional growth.